Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thriving Ivory Update

So the concert was freakin' AWESOME! We had a such a blast. I got there with the kids pretty early and the doors were open so we went in to check it out. The band was out on the floor taking pictures with people and signing autographs and they said we could all stay for the sound check! I thought this was so cool...the kids thought it was neat at first, but they were bored after a few minutes. We went outside to stand in line after and were still able to get good "seats" where Braxton could see. He left the footstool in the car but I think he was still ok. We weren't expecting 3 opening bands and so we all got a little restless when Thriving Ivory didn't even take the stage until 9:40. Imagine an 8 yr. old standing for 4 hours. You get the picture. It was a little sad that by the time they started Braxton was so exhausted he actually laid on the floor for the songs he didn't know. But all the kids said they loved it! And so did Adam and I. I hope they come back again soon!

Sidenote: Parker was there from 101.9. They fired him a few months ago and we saw him there and thought maybe he was with another station. Adam talked to him and he said he STILL doesn't have a job! I used to listen to him everyday on my drive home and I was so bummed when he left. Someone should start a petition or something to get him back. It was cool though to have him there introducing the band. Does anyone else miss Parker?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your family of all boys! I can't wait til my boys are older and we can go hang out together like that!

Laura said...

So glad you had a fun time!! They were just here a few months ago...so maybe they will be back again soon?

I dont miss Parker, he totally grew on me...but at the same time he kind of drove me nuts.

Debbie Cluff said...

LOVE the new blog posts! Thanks for the Christmas Presents ;)

Lisa said...

You've struck a chord...No, Idon't miss Parker. I stopped listening to 101.9 in the afternoon because of him. That's cool though...you can like him. And who the heck is Thriving Ivory. I so need to get out more. I'm so uncool.

jillybean22 said...

Ha ha, that's probably why they got rid of him. I guess I was the only one that liked him.:(

Kricketman said...

Oh. That's awesome!