Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Midnight Sun is Over :(

Every page I read I just kept dreading the moment I would get to the end of what she's written. And know that there's a chance that there won't be any more ever. I loved, loved, LOVED it! So so much! Possibly more than Twilight? I'll have to give it another read to be sure. It's like a whole different story from his point of view. I really liked Breaking Dawn but it just didn't have that same magical feel as the other books, especially Twilight. Midnight Sun has totally brought back the magic for me. And hearing everything from Edward's head was amazing. So many things explained and he is just plain hilarious. I love his little comments he says to himself when he's trying to be casual and light. And I love how passionate he is about things. And he's so cute while he's trying to figure out if Bella likes him. (I do realize I'm speaking of him as if he were a real person. I know he doesn't exist. Really. I do.)

And, anyone who knows me knows that I'm one of Jacob's hugest supporters (in that I am very sympathetic towards him-not that he should be with Bella) but it is so nice to go back to the beginning. Before it was all complicated into this demented triangle. Before Edward left. Before she had to choose. It was a happier time.

I feel confident that she'll finish it someday. I know that she needs a break and she's not ready to do it now but you can see how much she loves the character. I think she'll feel obligated to him to finish his thoughts. Too bad she isn't doing the other books. Wouldn't that be awesome?!?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Okay I totally dont know what youre talking about because I havent read these books. Hard to believe I know, but true. But I'm just so glad you posted something new. yay!

Megan said...

I have to post about the post before me. What does she mean she has never read the twilight series?! Does she not realize the potential she has to become great friends with Edward and Bella?

Anonymous said...

I was exactly the same way as I read it. I was trying so hard to read slowly so it would last. I am SOOOOO sad that she says she isn't going to finish it. I think we should start a petition or stalk her until she promises to finish it. Ok. Maybe I'm a bit of a freak, but if anyone can relate it's a fellow Twilight-lover.

Devon and Josh said...

Jill - I finally found your blog!! Alyssa told me about her new blog and the darling entry that you wrote for her - priceless!! I had to comment about this entry, I am so sad that Stephenie might be done with Midnight Sun. I am hoping that if she gives it enough time that she will come back to it one day. I want her to finish (for my own selfish reasons of course!) Take care, it was good to finally find you!!

Devon