Friday, July 25, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Why My 24th Was More Eventful Than Yours

1. Pancake breakfast at my parents house. Much earlier than I wanted to get up on a holiday.



































































2. Mason wouldn't let me take one stupid picture of him.



3. We went to the car wash and came home to find the power was out. Again. It only goes out like 6 or 7 times each summer. It sucks a lot.







4. Alyssa brought Edison and Cash over while she went shopping. I discovered Cash can easily put his feet all the way up on his chubby cheeks. How old are you when your body doesn't do that anymore?


















5. Carter noticed some smoke in the sky and it turned out to be a fire in the gully. We called 911 and Carter, Adam and some neighbors went down to try and keep the fire from spreading by shoveling dirt onto it. The fire fighters came and we watched them put out the flames.

6. Edison notices the trampoline in our neighbors backyard while we are looking at the fire and wants to jump. But he's scared of their dog. So I put him on the tramp and he was happy until the dog jumped up on the tramp. Then he wanted to get down. Then the dog got down and he was scared of the dog so he wanted me to hold him (I'm also holding Cash this whole time). Then he wanted to get back on the tramp. Then the dog jumped up there again, he wanted to get down again, and we started the whole cycle again. This continued for about 15 minutes.



7. The fire trucks stuck around for a while so I took the boys over to check it out. Fireman Tim came over and asked if Edison wanted to see the truck and he panicked big time. I asked him what he was scared of and apparently he thought the fireman would light him on fire. It was too funny.




8. Still no power. So by now we were just roasting so we headed to Wal-mart to enjoy their air conditioning. We picked up a few non-essentional things like Spaceballs on DVD.





9. We came home and still no power. We headed out to see Hancock (which, by the way, was so much different than we thought.) During the movie Adam got an update call from Rocky Mountain Power telling him the power should be back on.





10. We finally came home to an air conditioned house but only to find that our cable was out. So no TV and no internet. Nice.

6 comments:

Rachel B said...

Wow!!! I was so excited to see a comment from you today, and even more excited to see your blog up and running!

Nice work...and cute pictures!

So, Hancock...good?

jillybean22 said...

Hancock...hmmm...it is good, don't get me wrong. It's just that about half way through it totally changes. It wasn't what I was expecting. I thought my kids would probably get bored but they said they still liked it. We can't wait to see Journey to the Center of the Earth next. Have you guys seen that yet?

Rachel B said...

We saw it last week...you know I've always had a thing for Brendan!

jillybean22 said...

Whew, yes. I'm ashamed to admit I rented George of the Jungle multiple times "for my kids".

Megan said...

i love all the pics, especially the ones of me. Oh wait there aren't any:)

jillybean22 said...

It's hard to post pictures of you if you don't show up to any family events. Why don't you send me some and I'll post them for you.